Monday, February 12, 2007

Women and Shoes

Why do you have to buy lots of shoes?
I think you have many pairs of you already.
Why do you like to go to shoe shops?
etc.

This kind of talk we usually hear when a man speaks to his girlfriend because many times they have difficulties thinking about the reasons why women fall in love with shoes and buy shoes often.

Shoes are accessories which people, both men and women, use everyday. But it seems women are the gender which is more interested in shoes. They enjoy choosing, trying and buying shoes.
WHY?
Because most women in the world want to be good-looking and one way to makes it comes true is spending more time with dressing. I do not mean that males do not want to be good-looking. What I think is women’s lives are attached to beauty and everyone wants to be beautiful. Anyone who is more beautiful or good-looking than others will be more accepted in a society.
Women usually plan what they are going to wear everyday. An outfit and others accessories should go along together very well in order to build a good presentation and confidence. Sometimes women are embarrassed by people criticizing or laughing at their dressing style. Shoes can make them look better! Wearing the right pair of shoes gives more confidence.
Some people say that shoes are just used to protect feet. There is no need to buy many different kinds of shoes.
BUT
Imagine if you have one pair of trainers, will you wear them with your nice silk dress to a party? Will you wear sandals to a national meeting? Or will you wear flippers to work everyday?

Tipawan Chansri-ngam (Pond)


4 comments:

Kop said...

After reading your essay, I went to count how many shoes I have.

Here they are: I have pairs of 2 platform, 4 strappy, 3 tap dance (for real!), 1 ballet, 8 sneakers, and 3 doctor shoes. Not to mention my 5 pairs of leather boots which are looked just the same. They aren't too many, are they?

I used to ask myself what's wrong with me. I always facinated with shoes. Why was it such irresistable not to buy them? I tried many diffrent ways to find the answer but I couldn't.

Until, one day, I went back to investigate the memory of my first shoes.

It was red!

Bright red!!

I was about three years old walking down the street near my house. I saw these pairs of RED shoes on the mirror shelf in the store next door. I stared at these shoes for a long time. I ran back home and asked my mom to buy them for me.

Unfortunately she didn't. I remembered I cried very hard as if I would die on that street.

I needed those shoes that much! (I'm still crying when I think of this story. ;)

I guess, this is my reason (as an excuse) to buy (a lot of ) shoes when I am grown up. My needs of my earliest memory could not be fulfilled. This theory also applies to my younger brother but his is toys.

What's about yours?

dEKMORE said...

Women and Shoes

After reading your essay, I know I'm one who falls in love with shoes. In my daily life, I always wear two black high heel shoes to work because of my job as a teacher. I usually wear a brown flippers to travel. The reason why I have a few shoes is I have very little feet. Whenever I buy shoes, shopkeepers usually laugh at my feet. They tell me " I haven't got your sizes. Please go to the children shoe shop." I feel very angry with shopkeepers who never think of my little feet. Then, I take a long time to get my beloved shoes. So, I want to ask for shoemakers to make little shoes for little angels.

Wearing beautiful and fashionable shoes is my dream because I want to be good-looking and charming. Whenever I walk past the shoe shop, I stop and catch my eyes on cool shoes but I can't wear them.

Please give me a good chance for little feet women to be good-looking. I think many women fall in love with shoes surely.

Do you fall in love with shoes ?

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I feel after I read this page.I'm not exactly sure, whether I'm shoe lovers. But one thing which I definitely agree with is that many women always buy shoes unlimitedly, even though they already have plenty of them, such as my mother and my friends.

I found that they always buy ones whenever they meet their favorites without concerning about the utility and the occasion of using.

I can't refuse that I also like to try new shoes when I go shopping, the beautiful and fashionable ones also attract me. But in the last process of buying,I have to make sure that they will be useful and I will certainly wear them before deciding to buy them.

Anonymous said...

I have never counted how many pairs of shoes I have since I am a shoes lover as well.
When I buy clothes, I usually buy shoes which match the clothes I bought.

I don’t buy expensive brand name clothes but not for shoes, I believe the high quality shoes make your feet feel comfortable and have a good health. Shoes are the first barrier of protection from the pavement or ground where we walk, stand and run every day. The last thing you want is a pair of shoes that cause your feet to hurt. So don’t forget to choose shoes which made of good quality material rather than fashionable ones.

Buying a good pair of shoes is like making a long-term investment. A pair of good quality shoes will last for years, if you maintain them well.